2012 Youth Mayor Fund - still time to apply!
Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 September 2012 11:57 Wednesday, 22 June 2011 15:28
The Youth Mayor Fund is money for young people in the London Borough of Lambeth to make things better for themselves and other young people. This year £25,000 is available, and applications can be made for any amount up to £5,000.
Funding can be used for any type of project as long as it positively benefits young people and meets the full funding criteria. Examples of projects funded are media and arts activities, trips or visits for youth groups, sports facilities and educational projects.*
Applications are welcome from young people aged between 11 – 19 years (or up to 25 with additional needs) who live, work or study in Lambeth.
Last year, Lambeth's former Youth Mayor David Oyedele used the Fund to support:
• True Beauty Within, a project helping to raise young women's self esteem and confidence through a series of workshops and activities.
• Youth Alive, a club in Kennington which offers activities and facilities for young people in the local area.
• Mentoring Movements, a project delivering dance therapy to young people across the borough.
• Victory Youth Group, a Brixton based youth group. The funding went towards equipment to enable young people to create a video and deliver a teenage pregnancy awareness programme to local schools and centres.
• Rathbone Youth Club based in Norwood. The youth mayor fund supported them to deliver a dance and drama project for disabled young people.
This year's Youth Mayor, 15 year old Samuel Davies said "This year we want to fund more projects that go some way to help us achieve our aims. Those that can offer more events and learning opportunities for young people, help improve relationships with the older generation, and help young people to feel safer should apply. In fact, we want to hear from any project that wants to improve the lives of young people in Lambeth."
For an application form and guidance notes, download the forms below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be returned to Lambeth Youth Council by 12pm on Thursday 27th September 2012
*Full criteria for funding is listed in Youth Mayor Fund Guidance Notes.